Communications and Marketing Director
Tech:NYC is an engaged network of tech leaders working to foster a dynamic, diverse, and creative New York. We bring together principled New Yorkers to support a successful technology ecosystem, attract and retain top-tier talent, and celebrate New York and the companies that call it home. Leveraging our network, Tech:NYC advocates for policies that support the growth of technology companies and technology talent in NYC; promote inclusion and diversity; and create access for all New Yorkers to connectivity, tools, and training.
Tech:NYC is hiring a Communications and Marketing Director to join our team. The Communications and Marketing Director will lead our efforts marketing NYC as a premier tech destination and Tech:NYC as a leading voice representing our community. In addition, the Communications and Marketing Director will serve as our primary liaison with the press.
- Develop and execute an external-facing communications strategy for the organization that will further the organization’s goals and increase its reach.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy that supports our city’s tech industry broadly, and Tech:NYC specifically, including Tech:NYC’s member companies.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with member companies in service of marketing and communications goals.
- Develop and execute a strategy for communicating with Tech:NYC’s 650+ member companies.
- Produce Tech:NYC content for distribution across relevant networks, including blog posts, member alerts, and newsletters.
Your Skills and Experience:
- At least 3-6 years work experience.
- Exemplary writing skills.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Experience developing and pitching media.
- Experience with photo editing and graphics software.
- Established relationships with reporters and industry players and/or an ability and willingness to easily develop those relationships.
- Passionate about technology, and how policy affects the progress of technology companies in New York.
- Added bonus: experience at a startup or tech company.
- Added bonus: technical skills.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com. Reference “Comms and Marketing Director” in the subject line.
We encourage all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation to apply.