We're always looking for great talent. Watch here for opportunities to join our growing team as we work to advocate for innovation in New York.
Tech:NYC represents the city’s fast-growing, entrepreneurial high-tech industry with government, civic institutions, in business and public policy forums, and the media. Its primary goal is to continue to attract tech talent and jobs to NYC, to support the growth of the technology sector, and to increase civic engagement by leaders of the New York tech community. Tech:NYC mobilizes the expertise and resources of the tech sector to work with city and state government on programs and policies that ensure New York’s pre-eminence in the global innovation economy.
Tech:NYC is hiring a Policy Director to play a leadership role in developing and advancing the organization’s policy initiatives. The Policy Director will work closely with the staff to engage both external and internal stakeholders to further those initiatives. This will be a highly visible role that includes communications work.
The Policy Director must be a team player ready to get his or her hands dirty and who is prepared to work on a small but growing team.
- Building and executing Tech:NYC’s policy agenda.
- Representing Tech:NYC at meetings with policymakers and other stakeholders in NYC and Albany.
- Providing policy analysis, development, and research on matters related to the needs of Tech:NYC’s membership.
- Translating policy issues and communicating insights and implications to the general public.
- Identifying, establishing, and maintaining relationships with potential partners and members.
- Producing Tech:NYC content for distribution across social media channels and other mechanisms.
Your Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience working in or around government and policymakers.
- Exemplary writing skills.
- Some experience working with communications professionals; exposure to building and deploying a broad communications strategy.
- Passionate about technology and how policy affects the progress of technology companies in New York.
- Visionary enough to know what the best policy is, but pragmatic enough to grasp the underlying political realities and obstacles.
- Added bonus: experience at a startup or tech company.
- Added bonus: experience in venture capital.
- Added bonus: technical skills.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com. Reference “Policy Director” in the subject line. We will consider applications on a rolling basis.
We welcome all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation.