We're always looking for great talent. Watch here for opportunities to join our growing team as we work to advocate for innovation in New York.
Communications and Marketing Director
Tech:NYC represents the city’s fast-growing, entrepreneurial high-tech industry with government, civic institutions, in business and public policy forums, and the media. Its primary goal is to continue to attract tech talent and jobs to NYC, to support the growth of a diverse and inclusive technology sector, and to increase civic engagement by leaders of the New York tech community. Tech:NYC mobilizes the expertise and resources of the tech sector to work with city and state government on programs and policies that ensure New York’s pre-eminence in the global innovation economy.
Tech:NYC is hiring a Communications and Marketing Director to join our small and growing team. The Communications and Marketing Director will lead our efforts marketing NYC as a premier tech destination and Tech:NYC as a leading voice representing our community. In addition, the Communications and Marketing Director will serve as our primary liaison with the press.
- Develop and execute an external-facing communications strategy for the organization.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy that supports our City’s tech industry broadly, and Tech:NYC specifically, including Tech:NYC’s member companies.
- Develop and execute a strategy for communicating with Tech:NYC’s 350+ member companies.
- Produce Tech:NYC content for distribution across relevant networks.
- Develop strategic partnerships with member companies to further marketing and communications goals.
Your Skills and Experience:
- At least 5-8 years work experience.
- Exemplary writing skills.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Experience developing and pitching media.
- Established relationships with reporters and industry players and/or an ability and willingness to easily develop those relationships.
- Passionate about technology, and how policy affects the progress of technology companies in New York.
- Added bonus: experience at a startup or tech company.
- Added bonus: technical skills.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Comms and Marketing Director” in the subject line.
We encourage all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation to apply.