Tech:NYC is hiring. Come join our growing team! Job description is here and pasted below.
EXTERNAL AFFAIRS COORDINATOR
Tech:NYC represents the city’s fast-growing, entrepreneurial high-tech industry with government, civic institutions, in business and public policy forums, and the media. Its primary goal is to continue to attract tech talent and jobs to NYC, to support the growth of the technology sector, and to increase civic engagement by leaders of the New York tech community. Tech:NYC mobilizes the expertise and resources of the tech sector to work with city and state government on programs and policies that ensure New York’s pre-eminence in the global innovation economy.
Tech:NYC is hiring an External Affairs Coordinator to join our small and growing team who will foster engagement among Tech:NYC’s membership and partners and help drive execution and coordination of Tech:NYC’s events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Tech:NYC member companies, their employees, and partner organizations.
- Coordinate resources and logistics in support of Tech:NYC events.
- Actively track the policy interests of Tech:NYC membership and identify relevant stakeholders when issues arise.
- Manage Tech:NYC volunteers.
- Expand engagement opportunities and benefits for Tech:NYC member companies.
- Produce Tech:NYC content for distribution across social media channels and other mechanisms.
Your Skills and Experience:
- At least two years work experience.
- Exemplary writing skills.
- Experience with coordinating and deploying a social media plan.
- Relevant technical skills, ideally including email list management, simple web design and deployment, and comfort with social media marketing and engagement.
- Experience with database management.
- Passionate about technology and how policy affects the progress of technology companies in New York.
- Added bonus: experience at a startup or tech company.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26, 2016, though applications will be considered as received. Reference “External Affairs Coordinator” in the subject line.
We welcome all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation.